Saturday, May 31, 2014

Do You Pray For Other People

  I just thought I would like to give some examples of how I like to pray for other people. Just maybe someone will read this and do the same. I find myself on facebook quite a bit these days. I have met family members that I never knew I had. I have joined quite a few different groups on facebook and I noticed that there are people asking for someone to pray for them. I have also had various family members that needed someone to pray for them.
  What I did was join different Catholic Prayer Chains on facebook. I get notices that someone is in need of prayer. I then go to the prayer chain site and let the person know I am praying for them. There are quite a few different people doing this and as Mother Angelica would say it's awesome. I believe it's the least I can do for someone and it may mean the most to them. That is the most important thing to myself. In other words not what I can do for myself, but what I can do for others. I feel that's what Jesus would want us to do for our friends, family and others.
  Another way that I pray for others is to go to websites such as Lourdes and ask them to pray for someone. They will email me and let me know that the prayer will be placed at the grotto. Every time I  do this I get this feeling that there is an awesome power at work. There are other websites out there on the internet where people will place your prayer on a prayer chain. Some may be in a church or they may just be people out there who genuinely care for others.
  I do not necessarily have one place in particular that I pray. Sometimes I may be in the shower and pray for my children, family and friends. Other times I may be driving to work and I start to pray for whoever comes into my mind. When I am at Mass I will say special prayers for whatever the cause is. I also sometimes sit on the edge of my bed before I sleep and say a prayer at the foot of the crucifix. I can remember nights when I would take my dog out and look up at the clear nights sky and say a prayer for someone while looking up at the stars. There are times when I pray and ask my loved ones and friends that have passed on to pray for someone or something. They are called the communion of the saints.
 
                                                  Catholic Spiritualities
                                                     by mariomusicmadness

I guess the whole point of this post is that is does not matter where you pray. The point is that we should always be praying for one another.
  Well I hope you enjoyed reading this short post, Thank You and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment