Sunday, June 29, 2014

What Are The Symbols In The Catholic Mass

  There are so many people outside of the Catholic Church that do not understand what is going on ay Mass. In fact just this past week some of the people I work with were making fun of what is going on during Mass. They do not understand why we say certain things or repeat various prayers. If we sing certain hymns they tend to laugh at it and make fun of it. Some of them are younger and have not reached that point in their lives when they start thinking seriously about what will happen on that day when they pass away and enter the kingdom of heaven. I think that some people are confused by things that have happened during their lifetimes and this has caused them to think or believe a certain way.
  I have found that if I try to explain something to them they will tend to ignore what I say and may go in the wrong direction. I have had occasions when someone has made a comment about the Catholic Church that is totally incorrect. I will usually try to give them the correct answer so they will have a better understanding. I do realize that there are times when the person just will not accept anything they are told. When this happens I tend to see that they are living in the world and living by what man says and not what God says. At this point all I can do is pray for them.
  I did a little searching on the internet and found these videos so I hope you will enjoy them.

           
                     Roman Catholic Mass and its symbols -- Part 1
                                                        by Daniel Mayne





          
                      Roman Catholic Mass and its symbols -- Part 2
                                                    by Daniel Mayne                                                    
 
         
                     Roman Catholic Mass and its symbols -- Part 3
                                                 by Daniel Mayne    

         
                       Roman Catholic Mass and its symbols -- Part 4
                                                      by Daniel Mayne

         
                        Roman Catholic Mass and its symbols -- Part 5
                                                    by Daniel Mayne

         
                      Roman Catholic Mass and its symbols -- Part 6
                                                  by Daniel Mayne
   Well I hope you enjoyed watching these videos and I hope they were informative. I would suggest that you share my post or blog with whoever you will. When I run into someone who tries to disagree with whatever I say I try to explain who the Early Church Fathers are and I point out that some of them were directly associated with the Apostles. We all know that the Apostles were directly associated with Christ so they were obviously doing what Christ had taught them. Maybe some of this will cause the person to think, they may do some investigating and come to a new conclusion about the Catholic Church and the direction their life is taking them.
  Thank You for reading and God Bless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment