Sunday, October 26, 2014

Are We Really Practicing Jesus's Command To Love One Another

  Seems to me there is an awful lot of hate going around these days. We definitely don't seem to be loving one another as Jesus instructed us to. It seems like everywhere I look someone is saying something bad about someone else just because they may have a different belief. Instead of making some kind of a rude comment we should learn to respect each others beliefs and learn to live together. We are all in this big wide world together.  I always remember what Jesus said in John Chapter 13 Verse 34, 34 I give you a new commandment: love one another; you must love one another just as I have loved you. Again we see it in John Chapter 15 verse 12, This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you. Here is an excellent website about love http://www.catholicbible101.com/whatislove.htm . Here is another link about bible verses about love http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/love-bible-verses/ . There are plenty of other websites from all religions about loving one another. I believe that is Gods main message throughout time that we learn to love one another.
  I have heard in the news lately about all the bullying that is going on. The saddest part is that it seems to end with one person having way too much stress and then it ends in the horrible death of both parties as well as innocent bystanders. This bullying problem has gotten way out of hand as of late. There were various shows on television where people were speaking out and speaking to children to try and stop the bullying problem. This of course is not a new problem ,it just seems to be getting worse. We seem to be living in a society where we have lost the love and respect for one another. We have taken God out of so many things we no longer have the moral fiber to see what is right and what is wrong. I do believe that Satan has his hand in all of this, but that is my feeling.
  The other night my mother called me and asked what my sons best friends name is. She began to tell me that his father and him were on the local news talking about how his son was bullied all through his four years in high school. Now he has so many problems from it he is seeing a psychiatrist and is under medical care. Even when the father spoke to the school district nothing was done. We will keep praying to him to get the help he needs to help deal with these horrible problems. When I heard this it made me think of how I was bullied when I was younger. Yes I was bullied when I was in grade school and most of high school.
  My bullying did get to a point where I decided to stand up to the person and ask him why are you doing this. Well it all had to do with the fact that we did not live in a big fancy house and we did not have a lot of money. Fortunately for me I apparently must have been listening all those years when I was in Catholic School growing up. I just basically turned the other cheek and walked away. I realized I had better things to do with my time. I did notice that as time went on these people grew up and stopped what they were doing. Maybe my prayers for them did help in some way even though they may not have realized it.
  I do believe that we should be reaching out to one another and giving what support we can. I feel that we need to bring God back into our lives and look at the things that we have in common with each other. It is time to stop judging one another and time to put out our hand and help on another. We need to keep our eyes open and pay attention on what is going on around us whether it is in school, work or wherever we may be. If we show the Love that Jesus taught us we may see a difference to others around us.
  My best advise is to read the scripture whether it is in the old testament, new testament or what ever we are reading. The message of love is always there and has been since the beginning. That brings me to another point that I have always realized. Everyone is always looking at how different we are. What we do not seem to realize is that that we are all related. I always look at it because we all started with Adam and Eve in the garden. That means that we actually are all related. It is just through time that many people went different ways, but we are all brothers and sisters when it comes down to it.
  We are all children of God and all have the same Heavenly Father.
  Thank You for reading and God Bless.    

No comments:

Post a Comment