Saturday, February 6, 2016

Catholic Answers To Your Questions


 When someone from another faith asks you a question or puts you to the test how are you going to answer them. I know all about this situation, because I have been in it so many times. I will tell you it's not an easy place to be. I remember when I was in the assembly of God church when my wife and I were first married. People would make some comment about the Catholic Church and I would get this feeling in the pit of my stomach like I just wanted to yell and say that is not true, but usually I would keep silent. You see I was a cradle catholic and did a bit of wandering on my journey. I was in the Lutheran Church when my children were young and then finally came back to the Catholic Church.

                                
 During my journey I met various people in places I worked at and they always had something to say. Sometimes they made various comments good and bad. The bad ones were always due to them not being told the truth by other people. So what we need to do as Catholics is to learn our faith and not be afraid to answer questions by others. We need to stand up and defend our faith when the time comes up. We do not need to be nasty or rude about it. No we need to listen to the other person and be kind and compassionate with the other person. In other words put yourself in their shoes, you may not know anything about what they believe or have been told.
 Okay so where are we supposed to get the help and answers to questions. Well one of my favorite places to find answers on the internet is at Catholic Answers. I also check out EWTN for some answers at various times. The next thing to do is visit your local catholic bookstore or search on Amazon.com for tons of excellent books. There are many different tools that can help in the learning and growing in our Catholic Faith. Other sources of information are various websites on the internet that provide good and correct information on the Catholic Faith. I would also suggest checking out youtube for some good videos on the Catholic Faith. Just make sure they are put out there by Catholics or you will get the wrong information.
 Just remember Jesus Said To "Turn The Other Cheek"  and I have done so many times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment