Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Truth About Halloween And Being Catholic



 I am always hearing someone saying oh you like Halloween you are worshiping the Devil. Well one of my responses is what were you doing when you were young and going trick or treating on Halloween. Well as for myself I was having fun dressing up in some costume from a gorilla or maybe a pirate or maybe even a hobo. Was I thinking of Satan at all when doing this. No I was not , all I was thinking about was getting some free candy. Worshiping Satan never entered my mind. 
 I think people really need to understand what Halloween is all about. I am sure there are various people out there that do worship Satan on Halloween and that is their choice. I know from when I looked into it before I found that the people would dress up in costumes so that the devil could not recognize them and therefore they tricked the devil. The object of the jack o lantern was to light up the pumpkin with a scary face to frighten the devil away.
 Here is an excellent link to some information on Halloween in the catholic church  http://ucatholic.com/blog/the-catholic-origins-of-halloween/  


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment