Saturday, January 20, 2018

Forgiveness Of Sins In The Catholic Church

 As I browse through the internet on youtube I see many different videos attacking the Catholic Church on the Forgiveness Of Sins. Yes in the protestant churches and born again churches they believe that once they say their little prayer accepting Jesus as their personal Savior they are forgiven of their sins for all time.
 Well the first thing I have found is that this is not biblical. In fact there isn't any such prayer in the Bible. This is a doctrine made up in their churches to satisfy what they try to believe. Here below is scripture from the New International Version Bible.


John 20:21-23New International Version (NIV)

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

 So as you can see it is right in the Bible. So as Catholics we go to confession and make a perfect act of contrition. Now all of our Sins are forgiven, venial as well as mortal. The next step is to repent of your sins and try to sin no more, which is not always very easy due to the temptations of Satan. When I was younger the priest would have us pray so many Hail Marys and Our Fathers. Today I have found that the priest gives us some different ways to repent of our sins. I have found it is not very easy and when I do a whole world of heaviness is removed from my soul.

If you are looking for some interesting reading on the forgiveness of sins click this link at  The Forgiveness Of Sins At Catholic Answers. 

                         Here is a very interesting video below that may be of some help.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment