Wednesday, July 18, 2018

My Journey Back To The Catholic Church

 

The True Church, The Catholic Church

 I was brought up in the Catholic Church and went to Catholic Elementary School. When I was about 18 years old I kind of slacked off. I got involved in going to college and did some running around. I did my share of drinking beer and made some mistakes. It wasn't that I forgot my Catholic Faith, no I just started wandering. I thought as a child and acted like a child.
 Well when I was about 22 Years old I met my wife and we fell in love. She was going to one of the full gospel churches at the time with her family. I decided to go to be nice and see what it was about. I did enjoy it at first and my wife and I were married there. We spent a few years in the church until one day when I thought my mother was not and did not believe in Jesus. I had a thought that she was going to hell. Well I thought wait a minute, I know what she believed about Jesus and it was the same as I believed. I knew something was wrong and we decided to leave the protestant born again church.
 We looked around and went to a variety of churches,seeking to find a place where we were both comfortable in. We ended up in the Lutheran Church as it seemed to combine both Catholic and Protestant Ideas. It was a nice church and the people were all loving people. The pastor  was a very nice person and I loved listening to him on Sundays. We stayed in the church while our children were born. One day during communion I realized that they believed that the host was just a symbol. I knew this was wrong in my heart and finally decided to look for a different church.
 I decided to search through history, to determine what was the original church. As I searched with a book on the history of religion, I kept ending up at the Catholic Church. My mother gave me some religious books she bought at a garage sale. Well one was called 30 years with Christ. As I read through it, the woman made a statement that there are thousands of different denominations and they were all saying different things about the same subject. She said that they could not all be right as this was what the Holy Spirit said. She then said that either the Holy Spirit did not know what he was saying or he was lying. She then said of course this can not be true as the Holy Spirit is the mouth piece for God and God can not be wrong.
 So which was the true church started by Jesus Christ. Well as it happened I was flipping channels on cable tv and happened to watch the Journey Home show on EWTN. This is the Catholic channel on cable tv. This was a show about people that came back to or decided to become Catholic. The topic of the show that night was with Scott Hahn and about the Holy Eucharist.After I listened to what he had to say I knew that I had to go back to the Catholic Church. I learned about the Early Church Fathers. I came to realize that some of them were directly associated with the apostles and they were doing what Jesus taught them. The only church following this was the Catholic Church.
 Well I prayed about it and spoke to my wife. I explained how I felt and what I believed. I came back to the Catholic Church and have been there for quite a few years now. I told my wife she had to decide for herself what she wanted to do. Well she decided to become Catholic and all my children became Catholic. We all go to Mass at the same time and receive Holy Communion together I absolutely love eating Jesus Body by partaking in the Holy Eucharist and drinking His Blood .I practice all the various sacraments and try to teach my children about them.
 I will never leave the Catholic Church again. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment