Wednesday, December 23, 2020

My Mother Is On Her Death Bed

  I am posting this today as my mother may be passing away today. She is in a nursing home and is not doing very well at the age of 87 years old. What I am upset about is the fact that my younger brother, who is in the born again church wants to save her. He wants her to say their little prayer, that I accept Jesus as my Personal Savior. Then she will be saved, all sin forgiven for all time and she will enter heaven. I am Catholic, was married in the assembly of god church, which is a born again church. My wife and I left there years ago due to realizing through the Holy Spirit, that is not the true church.

  Due to covid-19 only two people can go to visit my mother. I can not go due to having an upper respiratory infection, that has gone into a sinus infection. I felt it would be better for my younger sister and my younger brother to see her. My fear is that he may try to preach to her. I don't think he will, because she is not responding to anyone at this time. I constantly pray for the conversion of my brother to see the true Church and come back to the Catholic Church.

  I do not think he will convert, because he has been in the born again church for many years and is basically brainwashed by them. In any event I ask who ever reads this, please say a prayer for my mother, Mary Deao. I have spoken to my mother every day and always end the conversation with, I Love You.

 Unfortunately my mother passed away on December 24th 2020. I did learn from from my sister that my younger brother in fact was trying to get my mother to say their little statement that she accepts Jesus as her personal savior. My mother was not even coherent and would let out a groan every so often. If she was hearing him, I am sure she was telling him to shut up.

 What my brother does not understand, is that my mother had a closer personal relationship with Jesus through the partaking of the Holy Eucharist.

 

“I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; (1) for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment