Saturday, December 13, 2014

It's Time To Fill That Food Basket At Church With All Kinds Of Goodies

 
I remember being in Catholic School and at this time of year we were all bringing in something to fill the food basket for the poor. I would ask my mother for something and she would find canned goods and dry food like rice or maybe some Warm Clothing. It was basically anything we could gather and give to someone out of the kindness of our hearts. I always enjoyed that feeling of doing something for someone else. It was always a special moment at this time of year. So I believe we should all find what we can and give to some needy person out of the kindness of our hearts. Follow what Jesus taught and still teaches us. You can go on Amazon or Ebay and find something to give. It does not have to be super expensive. One Thing Is All It Takes .

I think everyone should buy one thing whether it is food, clothing or just a toy. That special item will mean a lot to someone that does not have much. I know at the Catholic Church we go to the basket seems to always have something in it. I can remember as a child growing up without a father and living with my Grandparents we did not have much. Every Christmas we would get some kind of fruit or Food Basket from some lodge. It may have been a Moose Lodge or the Veterans. That little bit of food always tasted good. It always out something special on the table at Christmas. I also remember going to some lodge and getting a free meal and a toy for Christmas. I have never forgot that all these years. What my Mom, Grandparents and others taught us about giving has stuck with me all these years and I try to pass it on to my children. I do see it happening with my kids, so I know they listened.
  Once again it does not matter exactly what you give. It can be canned fruit or some kind of vegetable in a can or just a nice Food Basket. Maybe a jacket or clothing to keep someone warm on a cold winters day. Even just a pair of shoes or boots would help out someone. What matters is that what you are giving is coming from your heart. It's funny if you save five dollars a month that can buy a lot for someone who really needs it. So do whats right and help the poor in any way possible. Yes Do what Jesus would Jesus would do.
  Thank You For Reading. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment