Tuesday, December 2, 2014

That Special Time Of Year Is Almost Here Again

                           
                    The Original Nativity Birth of Jesus Christ Luke 2 Christian Bible Movie                                                                                     by David Lory VanDerBeek

    Yes that special time of year is almost here again. Yes I am also a year older well almost a year. Yes that special time is Christmas. When I say Christmas I do not mean that time of the year when you get some awesome presents or that time of the year when the family gets together and tells some funny stories about some one. What I mean it is when we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. When some one says what is the reason for the season that is what they are talking about.

           
                                This is much more that we ever had, but very nice

    I used to always help set up my mothers nativity set. It was not anything expensive. In fact it was pretty simple and had some figures handed down from my Grandmother. I think that is one of the things that mad e it special as far as the nativity set goes. I used to look at the nativity set and try and place the figures in the right spot. I can remember just looking at it and the baby Jesus. I would think to myself how awesome this was. This person grew up, was crucified and died on the cross to take away the sins of the world for you and for me.
  One of my other favorite places was going to the church and looking at the nativity set in the church itself. The statues were a lot bigger that my mothers. I think what made it special is that it was very quiet in the church and you could just feel the presence of Jesus. The other things about this special time of year was going to mass and listening to the sermons on Christmas.  For some reason I just felt like I was close to being home.
  Thank You for reading and Have A Merry Christmas. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment