Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Virgin Mary Mother Of God

 Seen as today is May 1st I thought I would share something from my past growing up as a child in the Catholic Faith. Every May 1st all the students would gather around the statue of the Virgin Mary. We would all sing various hymns and then we would say so many Hail Mary Prayers. I can remember all the flowers everywhere and all the beautiful colors. It was always a nice warm day and the sun was shining. I am sure some people would drive by the school and think there are those crazy Catholics.
 Yes there are those that see us praying before Mary and they automatically assume that we are worshiping Mary just as we worship God. Well nothing could be further from the truth. You see we do not worship Mary, no we honor Mary as she is the Mother Of God. I remember other people saying oh that is another pagan thing they are doing as they go round the may pole. Honestly there was never any may pole and we were never practicing any pagan festival. It is just another one of those things that people misinterpret and then spread untruth.
                 



                 



No comments:

Post a Comment