Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Catholic Church And Marriage






 What is going on in this world today with so many marriages that just do not last. I believe that people have lost what a marriage is really about. I hear young people all time doing nothing but living together and they are not even married. Now I understand that some people live together because they can not afford to live by themselves. As long as they are not falling into the trap of a sinful life they are doing the right thing in the eyes of God.
 Now what I do see quite a bit on television and movies is the promotion of sex before marriage. Yes this seems to be one of the most promoted things in our current society. I must have done something right with my three children, because they do not believe in sex before marriage. They seem to understand the holiness and sanctity of marriage. It seems that they want nothing more to do than please God. I guess I am very blessed even though I don't always see it. I guess that makes me a human being.
 Okay so what are we as parents going to do about this terrible situation that is plaguing or society in this day and age. The best thing we can do is keep our children going to Mass regularly and get them as much education as possible. It must start from an early age so they will always remember it. We as parents must be the example in our own marriages and this way our children will teach their children one day.
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment