Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Problem With Self Interpreting The Bible


 I can remember deciding on what church to go with back quite a few years ago. I was brought up in the Catholic Church and then stopped going regularly in my late teens and early twenties. I met my wife and ended up in the Assembly Of God Church until I realized something was wrong when I judged my own mother. I came to the realization that she believed in Jesus and had always believed in Jesus. I knew it was time to leave there and follow my journey to where ever The Holy Spirit would lead me.
 Well we went to numerous churches and ended up in the Lutheran Church. It was very nice and the Paster was awesome. It got to a point one day when listening to what they were preaching about communion I knew something was not right. I did alot of searching through history and kept ending up at the Catholic Church. I was trying to understand about holy communion and happened to watch ewtn while channel surfing. The subject that night on the Journey Home was about the Eucharist and how it brought this person back to the Catholic Church. I knew I had to go back to the Catholic Church and that is what I did. My wife did a lot of praying and decided to become Catholic and all my children became Catholic.
 Okay so who is interpreting the Bible correctly. I remember remember when I was trying to decide what to do I happened to read a book called 30 years with the Christ. The person made a good point, she said that there are all these different denominations and they claim that the Holy Spirit said different things to them about the same subject. Well basically either the Holy Spirit is lying to people or does not no what he is saying. Well we no that neither of these can be true, due to the Holy Spirit being the mouth piece of God.
 So it all comes down to only one can be right and the others are incorrect. So I looked into the Early Church Fathers to see what they were doing. You see I realized that some of them were directly associated with the Apostles. Therefore they had to be doing what the Apostles taught and they were taught by Jesus. One of the main factors was the Eucharist. Was it only meant to be a symbol ? I looked at the response of some of the Apostles that left because they could not accept the teaching of Jesus that this was His Body and His Blood. If it were only a symbol would Jesus not have rebuked them and told them it was a symbol. No he did not do that, so he meant what he said. I am following the True Church, The Catholic Church and I receive the Eucharist, so I will be raised on the last day.
 There are many other places in the Bible where individuals misinterpret what the scripture is saying. The problems is that there are millions of people that are being mislead and may never know the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment