Saturday, September 24, 2016

What Do You Do When Your Catholic

 I thought I would share this from one of my blogs as I thought it may help someone in some way.
 I am Catholic and was raised in the Catholic Church. There was a time when I was young and did not think too much about church. I met my wife and ended up in the Assembly Of God Pentecostal Church. I spent a few years there and then decided to leave do to personal feelings associated with judging others just because they were not in this particular church or had no recited a little prayer accepting Jesus as my personal Savior.
 After time we ended up in the Lutheran Church. It had similarities to the Catholic Church and to the Protestant Church. This attracted both my wife and I. We raised our three children in the church when they were young and enjoyed our time there. There came a day when the Pastor was giving communion and he said something that caught my attention. Basically he used the word symbol and I knew that the host was more than just a symbol. This set me on my journey to determine where I should be.
 You see I wanted to know if it was okay to be in various churches. I did not want to read books just written by anyone, because I would get their view. I decided to search through history to see where it would lead me. Well it seemed to always come back to the Catholic Church. I asked my mother to pick up any books on religion at garage sales. She brought me a bunch of books and one in particular caught my attention.
 The book was called 30 years with Christ. As I read through it I came across a page where the author made an interesting statement. She said basically that there are so many different denominations someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong. She made a point of how various churches will say something different about the same subject. She said this can't be true, because the Holy Spirit can not be telling everyone something different. The Holy Spirit speaks the truth and is the mouthpiece of God. So he either does not know the truth or is confused, we know this can not be true.
 So I set out to find out who was doing what in the early churches. I found books on the Early Church Fathers. These were men that some were directly associated with some of the Apostles. I knew they had to have been doing what Jesus taught them. Well the only church that was doing these things was the Catholic Church. I then happened to watch EWTN by chance and the person was a convert to the Catholic Church due to the Eucharist. I now knew after praying that I had to return to the Catholic Church.
 Yes I came back to the Catholic Church and have never left. I told my wife I could not tell her what to do. She started praying and decided to become Catholic. Also all of my children became Catholic as well. In fact my oldest  daughter was married in the Catholic Church. My advise to anyone is to pray and ask for guidance. You will be amazed at what can happen and what you will learn, so buy books written by Catholics and get the correct facts. There is alot of misinformation out there and someone is always trying to destroy the Catholic Church. This will never happen as Jesus said the gates of Hell shall not prevail and this has been proven through many trials and tribulations.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment