Wednesday, May 20, 2020

WWJD - What Would Jesus Do



 I remember quite a few years ago all the people wearing the what would Jesus do bracelets on their wrists. This thought came back to me as I thought about all the various individuals that judge us , because we are Catholics. Through the years I have heard more things said about the Catholic Church than I care to hear. This goes all the way back, when I was a youngster and other kids in the public school would spit on us and call us names.
 Now as I got older I kind of wandered away from going to Mass. It was not that I hated the Catholic Church or no longer wanted to be Catholic. I was just a teenager and did some of the stupid things a teenager does. I met my wife in the early 80s and she was attending an Assembly Of God Church. Yes I heard the remarks like he is not a good christian, because he does not carry a bible all the time. Well I went to her church and it seemed nice and the pastor was a very nice individual. We were married there and spent a few years there.
 Well I heard the remarks from various individuals and it made me angry inside. One day I thought my mother was not saved and she was going to hell. I knew something was wrong and the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart and soul. I stepped back and thought about this. I knew what my mother believed about Jesus and I knew what I believed about Jesus. I knew right there that it was time to leave the assembly of God church.
 My wife and I looked around at many different churches. I remember going to one church and the first thing they asked was where do you work and how much money do you make. We turned around and left that church. Finally we went to a Lutheran Church and we both liked it. The people were very nice and I loved the Pastor. All of our children were baptized there. One day the Pastor talked about communion and explained how Jesus meant for it to just be a symbol. Once again the Holy Spirit spoke to me and I knew something was wrong.
 I started looking around to determine what was the correct church. I decided to study religion through history, because I did not want the influence of any church or denomination. I had read a book called 30 years with Christ. The author made a statement about there being so many different denominations. The Holy Spirit was saying different things about the same subject. You know this can not happen, because the Holy Spirit is the mouth piece for God. We know that he can not lie and he would not be confused.
 As I studied more I began to realize that I kept coming back to the Catholic Church. I stared studying the Early Church Fathers. I found that some of them were directly associated with some of the Apostles. I came to the conclusion that they were taught by Jesus, so they were doing what Jesus taught. I found that the only Church was the Catholic Church and it was doing these things.
 One night as I was watching television I came across a show on EWTN called The Journey Home. The person on it was Scott Hahn and he was talking about his Journey and about The Holy Eucharist. he explained that this was not just a symbol. He explained that Jesus meant what he said that this we are to Eat His Flesh and Drink His Blood. You could tell by the reaction of the other Apostles that could not accept this as to them it was paganism. So they left and this left only the 12 Apostles. It it were only a symbol he would have rebuked them and he did not. This was what started me on my Journey Of Faith and I knew that I had to come back to the Catholic Church. I spoke to my wife and told her that I could not tell her where to go. She prayed about it and spoke to the Pastor. He told her that if she stayed where she was, we would have to decide on where to bring our children up in. It would have to be one or the other , but not both the Lutheran or Catholic Church. She decided to become Catholic and all our children became Catholic. This has been an awesome Journey and I will never leave the Catholic Church.
 Now back to the title of this post, what would Jesus do. I post various things about the Catholic Faith, because I want others to know the truth. I am sick and tired of all the lies and misinformation that is still getting spread. What I believe is that the Catholic Church is the only Church started by God when Jesus gave the Keys Of The Kingdom To Peter and Jesus said upon this rock I build my Church. He did not say churches, no he said Church. Now I do believe that other churches are filled with Jesus loving christens. The difference is that the Catholic Church is the fullness of the faith.
 My advise to anyone is to read books written by Catholic authors like Scott Hahn, Jeff Cavins and Marcus Grodi as well as others. Go to the Catholic Answers youtube videos and listen to what people say and listen to the answers that they are given. Read books on Catholic Apologetic s and The Early Church Fathers. Read the whole Bible and not just the bits and pieces that fit your doctrines. One of the biggest problems is people reading the Bible and self interpreting it. I have found over and over again that they take scripture out of context. This leads to all kinds of misinformation and it spreads like wildfire.
  

The New Commandment

31So, when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. 32If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately. 33Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. 34A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” 


This is was brought me back to the Catholic Church, The Holy Eucharist.

John Chapter 6
Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For My flesh is [k]food indeed, and My blood is [l]drink indeed. 56He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
59These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

Many Disciples Turn Away

60Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a [m]hard saying; who can understand it?”
61When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples [n]complained about this, He said to them, “Does this [o]offend you? 62What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”
66From that time many of His disciples went [p]back and walked with Him no more. 67Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”
68But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [q]Christ, the Son of the living God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment