Sunday, June 21, 2015

Once Save Always Saved Is It False


  I can remember a time when I was in the pentecostal church and they were always talking about being born again. I did not know much about it at the time, but as my journey continued I did learn alot about being born again. I can remember thinking I have always believed in Jesus. So why were they always saying Catholics don't believe in Jesus. I know what I had been taught and that I had believed that Jesus died on the cross to take away the sins of the world. I remember one day when they had an altar call I did not go to the rail because I never believed in Jesus. No I went down to the rail because I had always believed in Jesus and that know my faith was growing stronger.

  So as I looked further into the Once Saved Always Saved I realized that this is really a false teaching. They were really doing just what other faiths were doing. They were picking just the certain pieces of scripture out of the bible to fit their needs. Then as far as the rest of scripture goes they were just ignoring it. I know that they are taught this way and ,therefore they don't have the whole truth. So what will happen to them at the time of their death. Will they go to heaven or will they end up in hell. I really don't know, but I believe we have a very forgiving God.
 Here are some scriptures below that point to the once saved always saved and show it is a false teaching.
 

1 Cor 4:3-5 But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself.
4 For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord.
5 Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men's hearts; and then each man's praise will come to him from God.

2Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Heb 10:26-27 [quote] 26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Matt 24:13
Quote:
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

1 Cor 9:27
Quote:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
1 Cor 10:12-13
Quote:
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Heb 6:4-6
Quote:
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.


Rom. 11:17-24
"See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off"
‘Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord" shall enter the kingdom of heaven’ (Matt. 7:21)."
I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:27).

Jeremiah expressed it, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately corrupt; who can understand it?" (Jer. 17:9).

Jesus told us, there are those who "believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away" (Luke 8:13)



Ezekiel 18:21-22, 24 "If a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him.

"But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die."



Revelation 22:14, 19

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city . . . If anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."



2 Peter 2:20-21

"For if after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them."



II Peter 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

James 5:19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins


Revelation 3;5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Apparently your name can be removed from the book of life after it has already been written there. Looks like Moses thought the same thing.

Exodus 32:32Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Eze. 33: 18When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby. 19But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.


Eze 18:24But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.


Psalms 51:10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.


  I am sure there are many other verses in scripture that will show the proper path to salvation. At this point all we can do is try to explain to others so they will not be lost. Also sit down and pray for them, so that they will end up on the true path.
  Thank You for reading and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment