Saturday, June 13, 2015

Honor Thy Father And Mother

  I felt compelled to write this post for some reason. I think it's because of all the disrespect I see going on every where. Yes I checked out facebook again and I see how the police are doing some terrible things to different people. Well the Honor Thy Father And Mother does not always just mean to your parents. Yes you should respect your parents, but that respect goes far beyond just your parents. It can be anyone from someone in your school to the police or to a total stranger in your neighborhood.

It seems that we don't always get the actual picture of what happened in a certain situation. I have seen various videos where someone claimed that for example the police did this terrible thing. Well we need to look at the whole picture. Most of the time you see someone yelling and screaming at the policeman. Then you may have 4 or 5 other individual coming at police from behind. Well unfortunately the officer has to protect you, others, his partner and himself. All these things going on is just a recipe for a bad situation going worse. Now if the individuals were to stop and let the police  handle the problem without interfering there may be a total different outcome.
  The above is only one example of what is going on in this world when respect is thrown out the window. I think it all comes down to one of my favorite sayings, what would jesus do. I know when I have read the scriptures I always saw that jesus had respect for everyone. He never disrespected anyone, in fact he said to turn the other cheek. So I think we need to stop what we are doing and instead of causing problem we need to help solve the problem.
  Thank You for reading and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment