Saturday, February 7, 2015

Do You Have A Favorite Saint



  I myself do not have a favorite Saint. There are certain Saints that I think of more than others. Two that come to mind are Saint Patrick and Saint Francis Of Assisi. I think the reason I think of Saint Patrick is because of the holiday for Saint Patrick and because I like the color green. Now for Saint Francis Of Assisi it's because my Grandmother always asked Saint Francis to pray for her and others. She always had a statue of Saint Francis and I remember a plaque on her wall. It is just one of those things that have stayed with me all these years. There is also one more Saint that I think of quite a bit and that is Saint Thomas The Apostle. It's funny because that was the name of the Catholic Grammar School I went to as I was growing up. The second reason is because that was my Stepfathers middle name and that is what I chose when I made my Confirmation. It seemed special to me ,because it was his middle name.  

  If you are thinking of having a favorite Saint I would buy one of the books on Saints. I my self have the Dictionary Of Saints as well as a few other books on The Saints. I find it very interesting about learning who these people were, where they came from and what they did. So if you are thinking of the Saints I would look into buying a book like one of these on the Saints. If you are looking for a list of the Catholic Saints I would check out this webpage link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_saints . There are also plenty of excellent websites on the internet with information about the Catholic Saints. Here is an example of one of those websites http://www.officialcatholicdirectory.com/catholic-links/saints.html . I would just remember to look for websites that are done by Catholics, because someone else may give an incorrect view. The same goes for any books on Saints you may find.
  If you are looking for Catholic Books On The Saints you can check out the Amazon Store below the posts.You can also check out my other blog at this link http://bloggersbooktime.blogspot.com/ . There are plenty of excellent books at Amazon.com and Ebay. I would also check out your local Catholic Bookstore in your area. The other place to find good books is at your local Library. Once in awhile you may also come across some very good books at garage sales. So I would make it part of your journey in the Catholic Faith to learn as much as possible especially about the Catholic Saints.
  Thank You for reading and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment